Do you love taking baths to relax or soothe sore muscles? This Peppermint Bath Salts recipe is fast and easy to make (less than 10 minutes!), either for yourself, or as a perfect homemade gift to friends and family this holiday season. What could be a better gift than one that encourages relaxation and helps rid the body of toxins through a great bath?
Peppermint essential oil has a very refreshing scent (smelled sooo good while I made this!), and peppermint oil is also beneficial in relieving tired muscles. This recipe also includes Epsom salt and baking soda, which have their own benefits. Due to the magnesium and sulfate in Epsom salt, it can help relieve stress, relieve occasional muscle discomfort and help them function properly. Epsom salt also helps flush toxins from the body and improve absorption of nutrients, while the baking soda helps aid in mineral absorption.
The sea salt could be omitted, however, there are many benefits of sea salt baths as well, including detoxification, increased blood circulation, reduced inflammation, and improved skin hydration.
What You’ll Need
2 c. Epsom salt
1/2 c. sea salt
1/2 c. baking soda
15 drops peppermint essential oil
food coloring (optional)
Mini Mason Jars or other cute jars
- Combine Epsom salt, sea salt, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Add in peppermint essential oil and stir. You can use more or less than indicated, depending on your personal preference. (It’s starting to smell great!)
- If you are making this as a gift and want to add fancy layers, divide the salt mixture in half. Use food coloring to color half of the mixture, leaving the other half white. I used about 5 drops of pink food coloring.
- If desired, layer the salts in your jars (make sure to press down slightly on each layer before adding the next one). They will still look great even if you don’t decide to color them!
- Print off one of our Mason Jar labels and attach it to the top of the jar. Add a ribbon for a nice extra touch!
We filled about 6 mini jars with this exact recipe, so adjust if you need more or less for gifting.
There are many other great essential oil combinations you can use in an Epsom/Sea Salt mixture for your bath (we also LOVE orange essential oil and vanilla extract for a creamsicle-scent…it’s amazing!). Feel free to experiment with your favorite blends and scents!